L2 test code?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Nov 29 23:43:04 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 03:51:52PM -0600, Bob Carlson wrote:

> I am just testing my port of the wpa supplicant core. The driver test
> package and the test vectors for AES have proven very handy. Is there test
> code available for the L2 driver? I haven't found any yet.

No, I don't think there is such a thing. RX side should be relatively
simple (i.e., less than 20 lines or so of code) to test by just
initializing eloop and registering l2_packet handler for, say, IP
packets. Sending would not require much more if the goal is to just see
that something goes out can be seen with a sniffer from an external
device.

This kind of test tool would fit in quite well with testing another area,
i.e., the driver interface code. Adding simple test programs for both
interfaces would sound like a useful addition..