wpa_supplicant network selection

frank at meerkoetter.org frank at meerkoetter.org
Mon Nov 28 12:17:25 EST 2005

Hi,

i'm interested in how exactly the wpa_supplicant selects networks.
The documentation states:

> Configuration file can include one or more network blocks, e.g., one
> for each used SSID. wpa_supplicant will automatically select the best
> betwork based on the order of network blocks in the configuration
> file, network security level (WPA/WPA2 is prefered), and signal
> strength.

The comments in the example configuration also state that this selection
is influenced by the priority of a network block.

I did a quick survey of the source code but couldn't find the code which
does the selection based on signal strength in events.c.

Is selection based on signal strength already implemented?

Regards,
  Frank