wpa_supplicant FreeBSD 6.0: no PMKID found??

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Nov 28 11:02:19 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 01:23:36PM +0100, Florian Prester wrote:

> what means the following error message:
>
> RSN: no matching PMKID found

This would normally indicate that the driver tried to use PMKSA caching
by including PMKID in the association request, but a matching entry was
not found in the wpa_supplicant PMKSA cache.

> WPA: Failed to get master session key from EAPOL state machines
> WPA: Key handshake aborted

EAP did not provide key material, e.g., because it did not actually
complete successfully (key may be generated, but the final success
message is not accepted, etc.).

> The authentication works fine, but the keymanagement fails.
> Where do I have to look? I have no clue.

I would like to see full debug log showing this behavior, i.e., output
of wpa_supplicant when run on foreground with -dd on the command line.