wpa_supplicant & winpcap & windows 2000

engage engage at n0sq.us
Sun Nov 20 14:53:27 EST 2005

On Saturday 19 November 2005 09:39 pm, Jouni Malinen wrote:
>On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 09:13:15PM -0700, engage wrote:
>> I'm using the latest stable release 0.3.9.
>
>Please try 0.4.6. If I remember correctly, one of the fixes included in
>it for Win2k was indeed resolving an issue with libpcap DLL (either
>winpcap.dll or packet.dll was being loaded without .dll and Win2k did
>not like that).

wpa_supplicant-windows-bin-0.4.6 eliminated that problem. But, I'm wondering
if the 11g cards that I have can do WPA2. I've tried all combinations for
CCMP and I can get an association. My Netgear WG511 PC card & Linksys
WPC54Gv2 are WPA-PSK capable but there are no driver updates for these cards
that enables WPA2. Time to spend more money?