Hostap_pci vs. orinoco_pci

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Fri Nov 18 08:37:25 EST 2005

> Do not build both modules. Or even send patch to remove prism2 dev IDs
> from orinoco.

The problem is that distros naturally provides both modules as default in their
kernels. This same applies also to the orinoco_cs and hostap_cs. I can't see the why
the orinoco driver has to try support prism2 devices now when the hostap driver is
in the kernel. This has been causes unnecessary mess with these drivers for many
people already.

If I remember correctly the prism2 IDs e.g. for the orinico_cs was added quite
resently.

--
Best Regards, Jar