wpa_supplicant win98 wired patch

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Nov 5 22:40:23 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 01:23:58PM +0100, Jozef Vesely wrote:

> 1. If I "cross" compile (mingw) wpa_supplicant on linux
> for windows with WpdPack_3_1.zip from
> http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WpdPack_3_1.zip
> I get folowing error.
>
> l2_packet_pcap.c:87: error: conflicting types for `pcap_sendpacket'
> ../WpdPack/Include/pcap.h:247: error: previous declaration of `pcap_sendpacket'

It looks like WinPcap 3.1 changed the pcap_sendpacket() prototype. I
updated my build system to use the latest WinPcap release and removed
the not (anymore) needed prototype definition from l2_packet_pcap.c.

> 2. On Windows 98 Packet.dll 3.0 alpha3 does not provide descriptions in
> PacketGetAdapterNames:

> NDIS: mismatch in adapter name and description counts (1 != 0)
>
> Packet.dll 3.1 works OK. I suggest simple fix in driver_ndis.c

Thanks, applied.

> 3. If I want wpa_supplicant to authentificate with our campus
> wired 802.1x network, it is needed to allow reception of packets
> destined to 01:80:c2:00:00:03 (PAE group address).

Thanks, applied.

PS.

This was the first time I remember having heard of someone testing
wpa_supplicant with Win98. I take it that it worked with these changes
on wired network. Did you happen to test wireless authentication on
Win98? I would like to update the list of known-to-work versions in
README-Windows.txt if someone has successfully tested wpa_supplicant on
a Windows 98 system with a wireless card.