EAPOL-Key timeout s in 1/4 msg of 4-Way Handshake

Simon Santesteban laenrek at yahoo.es
Thu May 26 04:22:01 EDT 2005

--- thomas schorpp <t.schorpp at gmx.de> escribió:
> Simon Santesteban wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Im trying to setup hostapd with an atheros card.
> > I compiled madwifi and hostap, and tried different
> > versions (madwifi-head, madwifi-bsd, hostap-0.3.7,
> > hostap-0.4.1), apply some patches, but allways end
> > with the same behaviour: WPA: EAPOL-Key timeout in
> 1/4
> > msg of handshake
> >
> > Hostap says:
> >

> what client supplicants and hostapd setup? lets see
> config files.
>
> report all sw + hw, pls.

Client is a w2k machine with a conceptronic 54ri pci
wireless card, using vendor drivers (may I try
wpa_supplicant?)

Server has a senao pci card,

*/proc/pci*
  Bus  0, device  13, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc.
AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 1).
      IRQ 11.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=10.Max
Lat=28.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x42000000
[0x4200ffff].
  Bus  0, device  14, function  0:

*hostapd.conf*
interface=ath0