passive scanning question.

Andrea G Forte andreaf at cs.columbia.edu
Wed May 18 15:13:11 EDT 2005

Hi all,

when using passive scanning, the function hostap_passive_scan() is
called. It seems that such a function changes channel, waits for some
time and then goes to the next channel only. It does not take care of
collecting beacons and saving the data of each beacon (SSID, signal
strength, etc.). Who takes care of writing this info somewhere in
memory? I also see that after we have the data from the beacons, the
function create_proc_read_entry() gets called to write this data to
file. I am missing the part in the middle between hostap_passive_scan ()
and create_proc_read_entry().

Thank you for your help,
Andrea