problems with Wireless event: new AP (00:00:00:00:00:00)

Sebastian Weitzel togg at togg.de
Tue May 17 03:54:23 EDT 2005

Hi all,

This a resend of the message sent some days before. The ml seems to
eaten the old and some other messages.

Several users (e.g.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.hostap/10319) on the list
reported a problem regarding SIOCGIWAP. I am referring to using madwifi
(old cvs HEAD version) here.

It happens on authentication that shortly after associating to the ap a
new wireless event annoucing a new ap occurs. The problem is that the
mac of the ap is  bogus (00:00:00:00:00:00). In driver_wext.c there is
a check for this bogus mac and therefore wpa_supplicant_event
EVENT_DISASSOC is called. The problem here which I am pointing to is
that the _current_ ap (wpa_s->bssid) is blacklisted, but instead the
00:00:00:00:00:00 ap should be?

The other question is why the SIOCIWSCAN delivers a bogus ap, but that
may be a madwifi fault. But wpa_supplicant should not blacklist the
real ap but the bogus one.

--
Regards,
Sebastian Weitzel