How to use eapol_test

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun May 8 02:54:02 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 04:14:14PM +0100, martin.p.bradley at bt.com wrote:

> I have got eapol_test compiled thanks to Jouni but I don't know how to
> use it.  Could someone tell me where the documentation is or how to use
> it.

Normally, one would create a configuration file with one network block
(this is using the same format as wpa_supplicant configuration file):

network={
    key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
    eap=PEAP
    identity="user"
    password="password"
    ca_cert="ca.pem"
    phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
    anonymous_identity="anonymous"
    eap_workaround=0
}

and run eapol_test with something like this:

./eapol_test -cconf.file -a127.0.0.1 -ssecret

If you did not yet notice, eapol_test has a brief usage text:

$ ./eapol_test
usage:
eapol_test [-nW] -c<conf> [-a<AS IP>] [-p<AS port>] [-s<AS secret>] [-r<count>]
eapol_test scard
eapol_test sim <PIN> <num triplets> [debug]

  -c<conf> = configuration file
  -a<AS IP> = IP address of the authentication server, default 127.0.0.1
  -p<AS port> = UDP port of the authentication server, default 1812
  -s<AS secret> = shared secret with the authentication server, default 'radius'
  -r<count> = number of re-authentications
  -W = wait for a control interface monitor before starting
  -n = no MPPE keys expected
Configuration file is required.