Handover performance.

roby roby at netrotter.net
Wed May 4 06:07:58 EDT 2005

Hi,

 I have build a small ESS with 2 access point hostapd based and an access
server with freeradius. The system works with WPA and EAP-TLS
authentication.

A this time I'm testing the handover delay, for VoIP applications. The
problem is that pre-authentication doesn't seem to work correctly.
I made some test, and the delay time is between 4 and 5 seconds. As you can
understand it's a very long delay....
I set di Hostapd.conf for support IAPP and also RSN/WPA2 pre-authentication
but...

Can somebody help me to set the pre-authentication? Did anybody make some
similar test? All suggestions are wellcome!

Thanks for your help,
Sincerly
Roby Arlati