wpa not working with server ca

Simon Males sime at anticd.org
Wed May 4 03:51:21 EDT 2005

Rocci wrote:
> Hi there,
> I once had this working on my university network but it no longer works.
> I have since upgraded my kernel and other aspects of my OS.
> Recompiled madwifi & wpa_supplicant on new linux kernel.
> WPA-PSK works fine on my PSK network at home but I can no longer get
> this to work on my university network.

Rocci,

	Bugger, I never got the chance to connect (been struggling since start
of semester), its not looking good if even you cannot connect! I posted
a -d output a little while ago, Jouni asked me to pump out -dd output.
Jouni did recommend to add includes_tls_length=1 to phase1, although my
conf is a little different.

Initial thread:
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2005-April/010030.html

I let it run for a little while and don't want to paste the whole output
to the list.

http://anticd.org/~sime/wifi/wpa_error-dd.txt

wpa_supplicant.conf:
network={
        ssid="ACHERNAR-BG"
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=PEAP
        pairwise=TKIP
        group=TKIP
        identity="***"
        password="***"
        ca_cert="/home/sime/Downloads/wifi/thawte/ThawteServerCA.pem"
        phase1="peaplabel=0 includes_tls_length=1"
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
        priority=10
}

--