HostAP, iwconfig power and SIOCSIWPOWER

Tony Espy espy at pepper.com
Tue May 3 19:29:02 EDT 2005

I have two questions regarding HostAP and SIOCSIWPOWER/iwconfig power.

1. Since the Prism firmware has default settings for MaxSleepDuration
and HolderoverDuration ( ie. timeout ), is there anyway to enable power
save without setting a value for one these two parameters?  From looking
at the source in hostap_ioctl.c, it doesn't appear so...

2. Why does the HostAP prism2_ioctl_siwpower() method divide the given
sleep and timeout values by 1024?  Shouldn't this be 1,000?
I took a peek at the WirelessTools iwconfig code and it multiplies the
PS parameters by the constant MEGA ( == 1e6 ) if no specifier suffix is
supplied.

Tony Espy
Pepper Computer, Inc.