wpa_supplicant WPA crashes Sitecom WL-114 router

Lorenzo Colitti lorenzo at colitti.com
Thu Mar 24 09:44:12 EST 2005

Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
> The only thing I can think of is put my wadwifi card in monitor mode and
> sniff the (succesful) authentication of my friend's Windows laptop.
>
> However, I don't know what to look for. Based on the logs I sent to the
> list, what would you suggest? Should I be looking at what happens after
> auth?

Ok, capture file attached. The differences I can see are the following:

- Windows starts by requesting a WPA key of length 0, and then tries
    again requesting a key of length 32.
- There is no group handshake??? All I can see is the following:

1. STA -> AP	EAPOL start
2. AP -> STA	Key req (len 0)
3. STA -> AP	Key
4. AP -> STA	Key req (len 32) (1/4?)
5. STA -> AP	Key (2/4?)
6. AP -> STA	Key (3/4?)
7. STA -> AP	Key (4/4?)

and then data. Is this possible? Using wpa_supplicant I also see group
key exchange mechanisms. Or is the group key exchange encrypted using
the pairwise key, so I can't see it using ethereal?

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Lorenzo