WPA TKIP and 802.1x/EAP-TLS

roby roby at netrotter.net
Tue Mar 15 04:23:31 EST 2005

Hi,

  i'm building a small wireless network. I'm using a Server Radius, for
802.1x authentication with EAP-TLS. I used a commercial Access point and it
works fine with WPA-TKIP and 802.1x. Problems born when i try to use a linux
box with a Intersil Prism II PCI, with hostap driver and hostpad. It works
fine with WEP, but when i try to use WPA-TKIP the station are authenticated
whit 802.1x but just after that 802.11 dissaciate the stations. I'm using
standard WinXP supplicant.
Anybody can help me? How can I set hostapd? Does hostapd work fine only with
his hoatp-supplicant?

Thanks for your help
Roby