Is this hostap or some other problem??

sunny snell snillux at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 03:36:16 EST 2005

Hello group,
I have hostap running on my fedora core 2 kernel. I am doing this test as a part of my project which does  not seem to work.
Setting:
My laptop has hostap running. A client associates with my AP. I can verify its mac-address in the /proc/net/hostap/wlan0 directory. I have supplied a static IP to my wlan0 interface. The client also has a static IP. Somehow the client cannot ping the AP. I ran ethereal both on my machine and the clients to check, but each of them just report an echo request being sent but no response.

I would be glad to provide any further information.

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers on this.

Thanks,
Sachin