wpa_supplicant and unkown open AP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Mar 11 23:19:33 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 06:20:34PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:

> How do I configure wpa_supplicant so that it automatically associates
> with an access point if no encryption is required, but the ap is not in
> the wpa_supplicant config file?

This kind of operation is not currently supported. If you would like to
have it added in future versions, please file a feature request to
bugzilla at http://hostap.epitest.fi/ with some reasoning on why this
functionality should be added into wpa_supplicant. Another, and actually
prefered, option would be to implement this yourself (e.g., by using
configuration entry without SSID to indicate 'any' SSID) and send a
patch to this mailing list.. ;-)