Buffalo WLA2-G54L with WPA PSK and AES?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Mar 8 23:03:40 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 06:09:34PM -0500, Thomas Munn wrote:

> I just got it working again.  I changed the scan option to "1", and
> "turned on" ssid's with the ap.  It seems that turning off SSIDS kills
> linuxant drivers.
>
> I saw some google info on this that linuxant acknowledged this
> problem.

I have not tested the Linuxant driver loader, but I believe that is (or
at least was) the case. The open source ndiswrapper can be used with
ap_scan=2 mode to work with hidden SSIDs.

>  Now, for another question, could I specify the BSSID of the
> ap, and turn off the SSID and have it work?  Has anyone tried this
> with success with linuxant drivers?

No, that would not work. For hidden SSIDs, you would either need to get
Linuxant to modify their code (probably also move to use something else
than driver_hostap.c in wpa_supplicant) or move to use ndiswrapper.