Help with hostap 0.2.6 and with 0.1.3
jar at pcuf.fi
Tue Mar 8 11:22:45 EST 2005
> It is a complete fresh kernel reinstall with no other software added. Is it
> still required to compile the kernel again?
I don´t know. But I have _always_ been able to compile hostap driver under RH, when
first prepare the kernel-source by doing the steps 1-8.
1. Install the kernel-source.rpm which version corresponds the current running kernel.
2. cd /usr/src/
3. Do symbolic link linux-2.4.20-8 --> linux
4. cd /usr/src/linux and do "make mrproper"
5. copy /boot/config-2.4.20-8 /usr/src/linux/.config
6. Edit Kernel Makefile: EXTRAVERSION = -20.8Custom --> EXTRAVERSION = -20.8
7. Run make oldconfig
8. Run "make dep"
9. Compile & install hostap normally
Best Regards, Jar
More information about the HostAP