WPA PSK-key length problem?

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Mar 8 02:42:23 EST 2005

> This is the WPA IE wpa_supplicant is trying to use and I did not see
> any AssocInfo events updating it.

There was one, I just had little output for it:

--------------------------
wpa_driver_hermes_associate
wpa_driver_hermes_set_wpa_ie
Setting authentication timeout: 5 sec 0 usec
--------------------------

I now output more info, it now looks like:

--------------------------
wpa_driver_hermes_associate: priv=0x58538 freq=0 pairwise_suite=2
group_suite=2 key_mgmt_suite=1 auth_alg=1 mode=0
   bssid=00:12:7f:8b:62:30
   ssid - hexdump_ascii(len=7):
     4d 4e 46 55 4e 4b 32                              MNFUNK2
   wpa_ie - hexdump(len=24): dd 16 00 50 f2 01 01 00 00 50 f2 02 01 00 00
50 f2 02 01 00 00 50 f2 02
wpa_driver_hermes_set_wpa_ie

> Could you please verify with a
> wireless sniffer that the WPA IE in Association Request matches with
> this one?

I will try this. Also I will look at the WPA IE that Windows XP uses.

> The AP will verify that they do and will reject 4-Way
> Handshake if there is a mismatch.

This seems to be the case here. :-(

> Did you get the same error with the newer version of the AP firmware?

Yes, I had this with 12.3(2)JA2 and with some older 12.2(xxx) firmware.