compiling hostapd against madwifi

Joachim Schiele js at dune2.de
Wed Jun 29 11:48:02 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 16:52, and hansen wrote:

root at moon:/usr/src/hostap/hostapd# ./hostapd madwifi.conf
Configuration file: madwifi.conf
Using interface ath0 with hwaddr 00:0f:a3:80:ca:af and ssid 'wpa-test'
Flushing old station entries
Deauthenticate all stations
l2_packet_receive - recv: Network is down

it seems as if it is not working. BUT: just because i were curious i issued a
"ifconfig ath0 up" and now the ap is shown on the client.

i hope that wpa is working in a few mintues ;-)
maybe i'm joking ...

regards,
me