Problem compiling wpa_supplicant 0.4.2

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Jun 18 11:05:06 EDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 04:04:59PM +0200, Samuel Díaz García wrote:

> l2_packet.c: En la función `l2_packet_get_ip_addr':
> l2_packet.c:419: error: storage size of `ifr' isn't known
> l2_packet.c:431: aviso: implicit declaration of function `close'
> l2_packet.c:419: aviso: unused variable `ifr'
> make: *** [l2_packet.o] Error 1

This is a bug in building the latest version with libpcap/libdnet on
Linux.

> I have maked and installed libdnet and libpcap (last versions).
> I'm running Debian Sarge 3.1.
>
> I added these lines to .config file:
> # Replace native Linux implementation of packet sockets with libdnet/libpcap.
> # This will be automatically set for non-Linux OS.
> CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include
> CONFIG_DNET_PCAP=y

May I ask why you are using libdnet/libpcap? I would recommend native
packet socket implementation for Linux builds and if there is something
in the documentation that can be interpreted as saying libdnet/libpcap
would be needed, that should be fixed..

> I don't know the linux api and headers paths (I'm a windows developer who want
> to play and use linux and kick windows in my laptop).
>
> Any suggestion, patch, workaround?

I'll fix the build for CONFIG_DNET_PCAP=y on Linux, but anyway, I would
recommend just removing that option and building with native Linux
packet socket support. That fixes this compilation problem with v0.4.2.