Regarding enabling of Promiscous mode in Wpa_supplicant.

J I jmi_1996 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 14:00:01 EDT 2005

Hi ,
      I am trying to enable the Promiscous mode in wpa_supplicant to capture the incoming and outgoing packets. I could see the piece of code in file "hostap_hw.c" setting the promiscous mode by calling the function prism2_setup_rids(), in which the RID for enabling the promiscous mode is being configured. But still i am not able to capture the incoming and outgoing messages. Do i need to make changes in the hostap code for enabling the promiscous mode to serve my purpose ? Is there any specific RID that infoms the driver to pass all the messages to host ? Can any one help me in this regards.

with regards,
- JMI

http://mail.yahoo.com