STA did not see the AP's WEP status

Jason jason_chen at usish.com
Sun Jun 12 22:44:39 EDT 2005

dear all,
I am a newer.
After I compiled a driver of BCM WLAN card for my pc and insmod it,set the ESSID,set mode to Master,set WEP key,they all succeed.
But other STA scan this AP as no WEP status?
I found the key actually had been set,because a STA	could not connect to the AP without setting the same WEP key.
I also found a warnning after command iwconfig:

Warning: Driver for device eth1 recommend version 16 of Wireless Extension,
but has been compiled with version 15, therefore some driver features
may not be available...

eth1      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"ddddddd"
          Mode:Master  Channel:1  Access Point: 00:10:C6:48:BA:79
          Bit Rate:54Mb/s   Tx-Power:25 dBm
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Link Quality:5  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

can you help me on it? Does this warnnig cause the problem?
Thanks a lot

Jason