tagsense at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 03:31:20 EDT 2005
i am trying to setup a 2-node (1 running in master
mode and the other one running in managed mode)
802.11b network. both the nodes are soekris net-4521
boxes with the following identical specs:
* minimal debian linux with 2.4.29 kernel
* Engenius NL-2511CD+ EXT2 pcmcia wireless card with
firmware version 1.7.4.
* static ip address
* server runs hostapd version 0.3.7-2 and hostap
driver version 0.3.7-1
* client runs wpasupplicant version 0.4.0-1.
for those configurations, i have the following
1. if the ap is rebooted while the client is running,
the connection between client and ap is not
2. similarly, if the wlan interface on ap is restarted
, the connection doesnt get reestablished.
however, interestingly, if the client starts before
access point, the devices connect.
pls. help me in debugging/resolving this problem.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
More information about the HostAP