prism2_srec fails with kernel hostap drivers

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jun 10 03:37:45 EDT 2005

Hi all!

I wanted to upgrade my sta firmware to 1.8.4 on my mini-pci laptop card:

$ hostap_diag wlan0
Host AP driver diagnostics information for 'wlan0'

NICID: id=0x8022 v1.0.0 (PRISM III Mini-PCI (SST parallel flash))
PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.1.1
STAID: id=0x001f v1.8.0 (station firmware)

but flashing does not work:
Odd.. Download request for the kernel driver failed.
Are you sure you have compiled (and loaded the correct version of)
hostap.o module with PRISM2_DOWNLOAD_SUPPORT definition in
driver/module/hostap_config.h?

I am using 2.6.12-rc6-mm1 which includes the hostap drivers.

I took a look into the  source code and found that hostap_download is
never compiled, even if the Kconfig asks for PRISM_DOWNLOAD support and
and in hostap_config.h there is an unconditional
#define PRISM2_DOWNLOAD_SUPPORT

This seems all to be a bit messed up.

Best wishes

Norbert