Hostapd question: Expanded EAP type on standalone authenticator

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Jun 9 23:31:57 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 11:14:57AM -0700, amol kulkarni wrote:

> I'm trying to implement my own EAP type and I wish to use the standalone
> authenticator on the hostapd. I can't seem to figure out how the individual
> eap methods are called.
>
> Would I simply have to write the eap functionality in some file like
> MyEapType.c and add the eap method to the eap_methods array in eap.c? Or is
> there more I need to do?

Well, I would use eap_my_type.c instead of that horrible mixed case
file name.. ;-), but yes, this is more or less what is needed. You will
also need to add the new EAP type into the users file. If you use
username/password, this is trivial addition. If some other fields are
needed, they would need to be added to the config file parser and in
addition, some changes would likely be needed for code that is fetching
the user data.