Question of hostapd Enterprise mode wo/ radius

Elton Li elton at inventivespot.com
Tue Jun 7 00:52:43 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am new to hostapd project, so some questions might be too simple,
anyway, any comment will be more than welcome.

Basically I am trying to port hostap (enterprise mode) to a non-radius
environment, which means, I would like to keep all the
associations/actions between supplicant and authenticator while just use
a 'predefined username/password pair' as PMK (all users shared one
username/password). The reason of doing that is, I would like to first
utilies 4-way handshaking/pmk-2-ptk/rekey scheme then goto full 802.1x
implementation.

My question is, is that possible to do by following above scheme? If it
is OK, where shall I begin this process? there are a lot code related to
acl/accounting/redius client/server, shall I just comment those stuff
out, replace all send-to-radius-function to return success?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
-- Elton