well, now I've hosed it good

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Sat Jun 4 17:20:43 EDT 2005

I was attempting to do was load the 1.7.4 firmware and just in general
I've been having dropouts that have resulted most lately in my wireless
being out for most of the last two days.

Before flash attempt:
  hostap_pci: 0.3.7 - 2005-02-12 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
  hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wifi0
  wifi0: NIC: id=0x8013 v1.0.0
  wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.0
  wifi0: STA: id=0x1f v1.4.2
  Warning: secondary station firmware version 1.4.2 does not seem to
work in Host AP mode
  wifi0: Intersil Prism2.5 PCI: mem=0xfa009000, irq=19

After flash:
hostap_pci: 0.3.7 - 2005-02-12 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wifi0
wifi0: Original COR value: 0x0
prism2_hw_init: initialized in 27 ms
wifi0: NIC: id=0x8013 v1.0.0
wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.1
Could not get RID for component STA
wifi0: Failed to read STA f/w version - only Primary f/w present
wifi0: Intersil Prism2.5 PCI: mem=0xe6001000, irq=11
wifi0: registered netdevice wlan0
wlan0: CMD=0x0001 => res=0x7f, resp0=0x0001
wlan0: MAC port 0 enabling failed
wlan0: could not enable MAC port

 From my reading, if I can find someone with a similar device I may have
a chance to ressurect this one.  Given the difficulty in finding Prism2
devices, I'd really like to do that.