hard to found a wireless card!!!

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Jun 3 21:09:18 EDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 01:26:14AM +0800, GoldWater wrote:

> Many days ago, I want to find a wired and EAP/TLS solution with
> HostAP, I failed! because wpa_supplicant_winddows does not support
> wired network adapters.

But like I mentioned, it would be possible to build a version with
driver_wired included..

> Few days ago, I change to focus on wireless card first, I bought a
> pair of 3Com 3CRWE777A, my god! under my misunderstand, I fail again,
> 3CRWE777A does not support WPA, which mean that I still can not using
> wpa_supplicant_winddows.
>
> Today, I want to buy a set of new "suitable" wireless card again, I go
> through many pages, in
> http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz, I found a list
> of many cards and include chipset, but I think it is outdate. on the
> other hand, I visited many brand's web site, I can not found any
> information about the chipset of the card.

If you are looking for a wireless card for Windows, I don't see much
point in trying to find a Prism2/2.5/3 card unless you are going to use
that card on Linux, too. As far as wpa_supplicant for Windows is
concerned, it does not matter which card you are using as long as you
have a working driver for it with WPA support.