[Help] wpa_supplilcant with linux bridge

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Jul 5 11:45:52 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 09:58:38PM +0800, fean wrote:

>     The wpa_supplicant WPA-PSK works well without
> bridge. When the      bridge is set up and the
> wireless interface is added to the bridge, the
> supplicant doesn't work. It seems the supplicant can't
> get any data from these interface. But I am sure the
> driver receive some data from authenticator.

Access to link layer packets (EAPOL) and the driver interface need to
use different interfaces if the interface is part of a bridge. This is
not currently supported.

By the way, why are you adding the interface to a bridge? IEEE 802.11
protocol does not support sending packets with other than own MAC
address when in client mode and this makes layer 2 bridging somewhat
pointless.