Bypassing T-Mobile's web interface w/ wpa_supplicant...

Peter Losher plosher-keyword-hostap.1d098a at plosh.net
Sun Jul 3 14:17:02 EDT 2005

Apologies if this has been brought up before, doing a quick scan of Google
has revealed nothing so far.  Apparently T-Mobile has rolled out 802.1x
security on their hotspots:

http://www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/services_about.htm
(I have heard they do this via EAP-TLS)

which would allow me to authenticate my session at startup w/o using that
pesky web interface of theirs.  However, reading their FAQ's, it looks like
it's only available by running their "T-Mobile Connection Manager" which
oddly enough, only runs on Windows. :(

Has anyone come up w/ a wpa_supplicant config to interface with T-Mobile's
802.1x authentication layer?  Or is it likely we will be stuck w/ the web
interface for the foreseeable future?

Thanks - Peter
--
[ http://www.plosh.net/ ] - "Earth Halted: Please reboot to continue"