Trouble using wpa_supplicant+ipw2100 on Ubuntu w Linksys WRT54G

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Mon Jan 24 20:29:19 EST 2005

Ian McDonald wrote:

>Have you typed something like:
>ifconcfig wlan0 up
>
>before starting wpa_supplicant? The error that you have is the same
>one I had when I hadn't done that.....
>

>On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:57:03 +0000, Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk> wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to configure my laptop to connect wirelessly to my Linksys
>>WRT54G using WPA-PSK (TKIP). The router is configured and I can connect
>>without problems using Windows XP.
>>
>>I'm trying with the latest development version of wpa_supplicant
>>(0.3.4), ipw2100 1.0.2, ipw2100 firmware 1.3, kernel 2.6.8.1,
>>wireless-tools 27pre22.

Thanks for your help Ian, this wasn't the problem, but you prompted me
to return to the basics.

It appears there's a problem with ipw2100 1.0.2, for which a patch[1] is
available. The description[2] implies this fixes compilation error, but
having applied and recompiled wpa is now working for me.

Regards

Alex

[1] http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/patches/ipw2100-1.0.2-set_security.patch
[2] http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/#patches