wpa supplicant v0.3.4 and WEP issue

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Jan 22 00:08:28 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 10:05:49PM -0500, Zimmermann, Christopher Brian (Chris) wrote:

> In the function wpa_supplicant_associate(), in file wpa_supplicant.c, I
> believe there is a bug for static WEP keying (no 802.1x) and no
> encryption modes.  I've needed to modify the block of code towards the
> end of the function to include the VxWorks specific block.  Otherwise
> the function wpa_supplicant_timeout() will continuously attempt to
> disassociate/scan.

This is not correct; this timeout is for the IEEE 802.11 authentication
and association (not IEEE 802.1X/WPA) just like commented in the source
code.. The timeout is cancelled in association event handler, so it
sounds like your driver or VxWorks port is not delivering an association
event in this case.