PMKSA/PMKID issue(s)

Zimmermann, Christopher Brian (Chris) cbzimmermann at agere.com
Fri Jan 21 20:11:01 EST 2005

My issue is with wpa_supplicant v0.3.4 ported to VxWorks 5.5 on ARM

I'm having an issue with PMKSA/PMKID due to EAP-Success not being
properly detected.  The function rsn_preauth_eapol_cb() is never called.
It was set as

ctx->cb = rsn_preauth_eapol_cb

in the function rsn_preauth_init() in wpa.c

According to eapol_sm_step() in eapol_sm.c, the context's "cb" function
pointer is to be called when EAP-Success  is received. I see this
message with Airopeek; I see it processed in wpa_supplicant.  But I
don't see rsn_preauth_eapol_cb () called.

Has anyone had any luck with pre-authentication to a WPA2 capable Access
Point?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Zimmermann