Fw: Automated Startup of hostap Essid "test" mode master

verdu009 verdu009 at cistron.nl
Sun Jan 16 20:15:00 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have searched and looked practical everywhere to automate my startup.
With older versions of hostap i could simply set the card into managed mode with a script in rc2 automatically.
Now with the new driver this does not seem to possible anymore.
I have read a comment from Jouni that it is described on his page.
Well, i have searched for a long time but didn't find it.

Who has a clue.

i want to set up the card after boot.
If i run a script stating:
iwconfig wlan0 mode managed
iwconfig wlan0 essid any

after boot, iwconfig still presents:
mode master
essid test

When i run my script again after login, the settings are changed!

please help,

grt.

Evert Verduin