Help!!!! I need Help!!!!

Derek Chan dwc+hostap at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Jan 6 01:00:44 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:49:32AM -0500, Emmanuel Lopez Trejo wrote:

> My problem is like this, I need to install the 3COM wireless card
> 3CRDAG675 on a Suse Linux distribution and I'm using the
> hostap-driver, but it doesn't seems to work, when I use the 'modprobe
> hostapd_pci' command, it says that no device was found. So does this
> model is compatible with this driver?. Could anyone help around here
> please!!! I need some help urgent!!!!.

According to http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz, the
adapter you mentioned is not a prism2/2.5/3 card, but an Atheros chipset
card.  You'll need to use the madwifi drivers. (madwifi.sf.net)

 - Derek

--
Be the change you want to see in the world
        -- Mahatma Gandhi