Bug tracking and feature requests

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jan 2 23:07:05 EST 2005

It looks like it could be time to get a bit more organized with bug
reporting and feature requests in order to get all information collected
into one place and to avoid losing useful information. I haven't had
enough time to keep up with all email I'm receiving for long time and
every now and then, I seem to be able to concentrate on adding new
features thoroughly enough to get even longer backlog in Host AP related
email..

I installed Bugzilla for bug tracking and feature requests and hope that
it will help in this area of the Host AP/hostapd/wpa_supplicant
development. I would appreciate it if all bug reports and feature
requests would be filed to that database at
http://hostap.epitest.fi/bugz/. The direct URL for filing a new bug is
http://hostap.epitest.fi/bugz/enter_bug.cgi. Both addresses are also
linked from the other web pages of the Host AP project.

There are number of bug reports and/or patches pending in my email
queues. I may or may not have enough time to go through these at some
point, but in order to speed this up for bugs or features that you
believe are important, please consider adding these reports/requests to
bugzilla even if they have already been sent to the mailing list or my
private email address.

This mailing list can, of course, still be used for reporting bugs and
discussing them, but I would appreciate it if people would also enter
the details to bugzilla. This should also allow attaching longer debug
log files to the bugs without having to send long messages to the
mailing list.