Firmware: Samsung MagicLAN SWL-2100P

Re Fixed refixed at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 04:56:22 EST 2005

Hi Jar, thanks for the quick reply.

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:07:10 +0200 (EET), Jar <jar at pcuf.fi> wrote:
> > wifi0: NIC: id=0x8002 v1.0.1
> > wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0
> > wifi0: STA: id=0x1f v0.8.3
>
> I am used the 1.5.6 version (s1010506.hex) from the
> http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/firmware/1.5.6.tar.gz. 1.5.6 works for me better
> than the 1.7.1. I flashed it via Windows utility because prism2_srec complains some
> incompatibility error.

That's only the STA firmware, correct?  Is there a PRI/NIC upgrade, too?

I've seen problems develop with other cards when only the STA is
upgraded, or was this purely concidence and is not nessecary?

I wish to upgrade as with the current firmware the card is
(de)associating erratically when the card is put under load, despite
signal being sufficient.  I've fixed this before with other cards by
updating to a much more recent firmware.