enabling IAPP interface gives error.

Ajeet Nankani fromkth+hostap at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 18 07:05:56 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:16:08 -0800, "Jouni Malinen" <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>
said:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 06:53:05AM -0800, Ajeet Nankani wrote:
>
> > when i enable IAPP option in hostapd
> > iapp_interface=eth0
> > it gives following error on starting hostapd.
> >
> > setsockopt[UDP,IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP]: No such device
> > IEEE 802.11F (IAPP) initialization failed.
> > rmdir [ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory.
>
> Works for me.. Do you have IP multicast support enabled in the kernel
> (CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST=y in kernel .config)?

yes i just saw that this multicast option is enabled in .config, I am
using FC3.

I figured it out that the problem was with the default route, as i was
setting the ip address statically, so default route was not in the
routing table, but when i entered the default route, it does not give
error on starting.

-ajeet.