hostapd <> Intel ProSet = authentication fails

Coert coert.vonk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:37:20 EST 2005

My last venture for a while.  Trying to get my wife's laptop
authenticated using WPA.  The laptop is using version 7.1 of Intel
ProSet supplicant that claims to support WPA.

In the attached hostapd traces, I see it sending  an authentication
request.  There is no answer from the supplicant.  The only debugging
that I can enable for ProSet is not very helpful when trying to get
WPA running (it is about the physical interface).

Do you know how to enable WPA debugging in ProSet?  Are the "known
issues" with this supplicant?

thanks
Coert