Problems with WPA-PSK and madwifi driver

Eduardo Mendes emmendes at cpdee.ufmg.br
Thu Feb 10 10:43:58 EST 2005

Hello

Many thanks but unfortunately it didn't work. The two lights are blinking
together but ifconfig shows that no valid ip was assigned to ath0.

More info: my linux box is the dhcp server and not the wireless router. I have
assigned a specific ip address for the notebook (i have named it VAIO). As I
said windows doesn't have any problems to get the ip.

Is there any kind of tools that could be used to trace the whole connection
process?

Here is part of dhcpd.conf

#
#       Linux Box
#
    host vaiobox {
         hardware ethernet 00:09:5B:C4:1A:E2;
         option host-name "VAIO";
         fixed-address 192.168.1.4;
         }

}

Ed

PS. I certainly change my passphrase as soon as wireless works on linux.

--
Dr. Eduardo Mazoni A. M. Mendes
Departamento de Engenharia Eletrônica

mailto: emmendes at cpdee.ufmg.br