Success: hostapd 1.3.5, madwifi, internal EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 w/ WinXP supplicant

Romano Giannetti romanol at upco.es
Thu Feb 3 12:32:43 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 12:15:44PM -0500, malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net wrote:

> > I couldn't get the WinXP client to authenticate with MSCHAPv2 w/ only a
> > username and password -- it seems I need to supply a DOMAIN for auth
> > to work.

Maybe this is a shot in the dark, but the network configuration here is that
domain and username of WinXP client is completely equivalente to an
"identity" of "domain\username" (separated by a backslash) for wpa_supplicant.
I do not know if it's a standard or just us.

Romano

--
Romano Giannetti             -  Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416  fax +34 915 596 569