HostAP adhoc Problem

Rubens Marins rubens.marins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 07:05:32 EST 2005

Hi,

   I have the following setup.
   Slackware 10.2, kernel 2.6.13,1 Agere (Orinoco) card , 2 Senao Cards.

   I need to use one card "Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE Version
01.01", in Ad-Hoc mode
   and others "INTERSIL HFA384x/IEEE Version 01.02" ( Senao), in AP mode.

   When i load the driver everything goes fine, the Agere card works
fine in Ad-Hoc, but
   generating a lot of erros in dmesg like:

   wifi0: hfa384x_get_rid - RID len mismatch: rid=0xfd51, len=2 (expected 6)
   wifi0: hfa384x_get_rid - RID len mismatch: rid=0xfd51, len=2 (expected 6)

   Even when i not transfer data, it's  almost 1 error message per second.

   When i  try to load the orinoco_cs driver first, the driver loads
the Senao cards too, and
   i want to use the hostap_cs with the senao.

   So , i can imagine two solutions:

   1 - Tells to orinoco_cs driver dont deal with senao, but only with
the Agere card, so
   after load the orinoco_cs  i can load the hostap_cs driver and
everything will go fine.

   2 - Fix the problem with the agere/hostap in ad-hoc mode.

   Someone can help with this problem or have any tips??

PS: As you can see, the english isn't my language.

--
Rubens Marins
Administrador de Sistemas