HostAP adhoc Problem

Rubens Marins rubens.marins at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 14:51:39 EST 2005

Hi,
    I have the following setup.
    Slackware 10.2, kernel 2.6.13,1 Agere (Orinoco) card , 2 Senao Cards.

    I need to use one card "Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE Version
01.01", in Ad-Hoc mode
    and others "INTERSIL HFA384x/IEEE Version 01.02" ( Senao), in AP mode.

    When i load the driver everything goes fine, the Agere card works
fine in Ad-Hoc, but
    generating a lot of erros in dmesg like:

    wifi0: hfa384x_get_rid - RID len mismatch: rid=0xfd51, len=2 (expected 6)
    wifi0: hfa384x_get_rid - RID len mismatch: rid=0xfd51, len=2 (expected 6)

    Even when i not transfer data, it's  almost 1 error message per second.

    When i  try to load the orinoco_cs driver first, the driver loads
the Senao cards too, and
    i want to use the hostap_cs with the senao.

    So , i can imagine two solutions:

    1 - Tells to orinoco_cs driver dont deal with senao, but only with
the Agere card, so
    after load the orinoco_cs  i can load the hostap_cs driver and
everything will go fine.

    2 - Fix the problem with the agere/hostap in ad-hoc mode.

    Someone can help with this problem or have any tips??

PS: As you can see, the english isn't my language.

--
Rubens Marins
Administrador de Sistemas