hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new development release v0.5.0

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Dec 24 19:56:09 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 01:58:03AM -0600, John H. wrote:
> please, how do you use this with zydas driver?  how do you compile it
> to use zydas driver, i mean?

I have never used zydas driver and I don't know what kind of interface
that driver uses for WPA configuration. If it were to support latest
Linux wireless extensions version, driver_wext.c could be used in
wpa_supplicant.

The main wpa_supplicant distribution does not include a driver-specific
wrapper for zydas driver. However, I think someone has implemented that
for a very old version of wpa_supplicant. If someone can contact the
author/copyright holder of that code and get it released under suitable
open source license (or get confirmation that it has already been
released such way), I can merge it into the distribution so that it gets
updated to the latest driver interface API.