Kernel Oops, was: Re: Re: prism 2.5 nic stopped working after upgrade from sarge to ubuntu

Karl H. Beckers karl.h.beckers at gmx.net
Sun Dec 11 12:25:19 EST 2005

Hi all,

dunno what happened but now things work for me (nice for it to be this
way around for once) ...

acpi=off would not have been an option for me but I tried the setting to
see if this fixes things. Didn't change anything so I rebooted with
previous settings and suddenly things worked perfectly ...
maybe the fw upgrade was a good thing after all ...

Feel a little like in the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy where in
Hotblack Desiato's ship Zaphod asks Ford why the ship goes so smoothly
all of a sudden, whether he's found out how to work the controls and he
answers he hasn't but stopped fiddling around with them .... anyway.

Will watch out for further Oopses but have the feeling that they were
related to setting host_roaming to smth. other than 0 ... and since I
don't need to do that now I don't really expect anything more here.

Thanks,

Karl.