wpa and dlink di-614+

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Dec 9 21:20:00 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 01:54:34PM -0600, Kernel Jake wrote:

> wpa_supplicant pauses when wpa_driver_bsd_set_key is called, and then it
> disassociates.  Strangely, the DI-614+ log file says that my machine
> authenticated successfully.  It looks as if wpa_supplicant is dropping the
> connection unilaterally with "reason 8".

It looks like the WPA 4-Way Handshake is completed successfully and PTK
is configured for unicast encryption/decryption. However, at this point,
the driver seems to be deciding to disassociate with the AP for some
reason. That reason code 8 is "Disassociated because sending station is
leaving (or has left) BSS" which is somewhat generic and does not really
tell the exact reason for driver doing this. Unfortunately, I don't know
how to best debug what the driver is doing so this question would more
likely need someone with more experience with the FreeBSD driver. From
wpa_supplicant view point, everything was going fine in the negotiation
until the driver reported disconnection.