RADIUS + EAP AVP Structure

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Thu Dec 1 13:24:07 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 12:03:33PM -0500, Eliot wrote:

> The MSDN site information I have gone over probably 15 times now.
> There just isn't anything useful in there.

Well, the value you said something about was, at least...  ;-)  I can't
comment on most of the other stuff in MSDN regarding IAS plugins, since
I've never tried to write one.

> I did go to the RFC specified in the documentation and looked up the
> format of the packets. That is what I posted in my first post.

Must have missed that.  Was that just for EAP-TLV, or the RADIUS AVPs in
general when using EAP for wireless?

> But you say that Microsoft has a development support option
> available? Would that be standard (as in free) through our MSDN
> subscription?

Well, they *used* to have a development support option available.
Several years ago, I called it a few times from work, using up the small
number of free incidents that came with our license of VB6.

I don't know whether MSDN subscriptions include a support option or not.
It might be worth calling their developer line and at least asking.  If
it's not covered, then they're probably going to want to charge you the
standard $245/call fee.  :-(

This page looks like it might be helpful (under the "contact us" link):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/support/

That's supposed to be "specifically for developers using Microsoft
technology", according to the page I found it from:

http://www.microsoft.com/services/microsoftservices/srv_support.mspx#itpros

Actually, that page also has a link to:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/default.mspx (TechNet support)

which says, under the "TechNet subscription" section:

> Subscriptions include the monthly delivery of CD or DVD updates...
>
> Technical support benefits of a subscription include:
>
>   1. Two complimentary support incidents (a $490 value) and a 20%
>      discount on all additional support calls
>   2. Unlimited managed newsgroup support: Get reliable answers by next
>      business day from Microsoft Support Staff

If you have a TechNet subscription, that could help.