Can hostap driver support wireless USB adapter?

David Goodenough david.goodenough at btconnect.com
Mon Aug 22 05:11:48 EDT 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 10:07, John wrote:
> Hi
>
>     Can hostap driver support wireless USB adapter,such as D-link DWL122?
>
>     Thanks
>
> John

There is a driver for the DWL122 but it is not hostap.  Off hand I forget its
name (I tried it a while back and never got it to work, and then my laptop
died and I have not retrieved it from the old disk yet).  But I found it using
google so you should be able to try it too.

It does a require a non-preemting kernel which may need to you build
your own as many of the prebuilt ones are preempting.

It is a port to Linux of a *BSD driver which apparently works well.

David